Our colleagues are aware about occupancy rates of local hospitals. We can offer our insured members support in selecting adequate treatment providers – whether it is COVID, an emergency or a planned procedure.
Before the Chinese state changed its COVID policy in December, only public hospitals were allowed to treat COVID patients. Now, our local service centre is able to refer insured people to private facilities within our medical network.
Medication which was scarce in December due to a run on pharmacies by the public, has been reported to be refilled and sufficient. Our service centre is monitoring the capacities and capabilities of pharmacies within our medical networks and assists with the procurement of medication, if necessary.
Insureds in China continue to benefit from the full range of services provided by our service centres. In addition to claims handling, they offer…
- Advice on the regional COVID-19 infection situation, as well as current laws and regulations.
- Assistance in finding a doctor or hospital and in making appointments.
- They speak the local language and assist in communicating with medical service providers.
- Stay side by side with the insured person throughout the medical treatment.
- Arrange direct payment for medical treatment within the medical networks.
- And organise evacuation in the event of an emergency.